- Microsoft Word fields are easy to insert and
can be automatically updated. For
instance you could insert the date within the header of a document and arrange
it so that each time you reprinted the document, the current date was displayed. This would mean that if you printed the
document each month, then the correct month would be displayed within the
- Click on the Insert tab, and from the Header
and Footer section click on the Footer
icon. A drop down list is displayed,
select the Edit Footer command. You should see your footer text. Click at the end of the footer text. Press
the Tab key twice.
- Click on the Quick Parts button.
- From the drop down list displayed select the Field command.
- This will display the Field dialog box. This
allows you insert a wide range of fields.
In this case select Date, as
- Click on the OK button. Close the Header
and Footer Ribbon and you will see your footer displayed at the bottom of
- If you have time, have a brief look at some
of the other fields that you can insert into your header or footer.
- The Filename
field is particularly useful as if you insert this into a header or footer and
then save your document this field will record the file name. You will find with a little experimentation
that this field can also include the folder storage location on your hard disk.
- Save your changes and close the document.
FOR USE AT THE LICENSED SITE(S) ONLY
Copyright Cheltenham Courseware Pty. Ltd. - www.cheltenhamcourseware.com.au