- Normally your Microsoft Word document will be
displayed in Portrait page
orientation, which is like looking at a photograph, where the long edge is the
vertical line. You may change to Landscape orientation for certain types
of documents such as notices.
- The physical size of the paper used within printers
varies from country to country. In the
United States the normal paper size is called 'Letter' size and the dimensions are measured in inches. A ‘Letter’
sized paper is shorter but wider than ‘A4’
- In Europe and many other places the paper
size used within computer printers is normally called A4 sized paper. This may be measured in inches or centimeters
(depending on the country). A4 sized paper is longer and slightly narrower than
'letter' sized paper.
- Open a document called Page layout. Click on the Page Layout tab. Within the Page Setup section click on the Orientation button. A drop
down list allows you to select either Portrait
or Landscape page orientation. Select Landscape.
- Your document will now look something like
- To see the effect better click on the View tab and click on the One Page button.
- Reset the page orientation back to Portrait orientation.
- Click on the View tab and click on the 100%
FOR USE AT THE LICENSED SITE(S) ONLY
Copyright Cheltenham Courseware Pty. Ltd. - www.cheltenhamcourseware.com.au