- Press Ctrl+N
to display a new, empty document. If you look at your Microsoft Word screen
there is a Help icon towards the
top-right of the screen. This is in the
shape of a question mark.
- Click on this Help icon and you will see the following.
- Try clicking on the Getting started with Word 2010 item.
- You will see the following information
- Click on the 'What's new in Word 2010' topic and you will see a screen describing
the new features of this version of Microsoft Word.
- Scroll down within this window to see more
information. Do not read all the
information, just scroll down and see what sort of information is available.
- Click on the 'Show table of contents' icon (within the Help window toolbar).
- This will display a table of contents down
the left side of the window.
You can click within the table of contents to jump to an item of interest. Try it now.
- You can use the Back button within the Help window to see previously viewed
pages. Clicking on the Home button within the Microsoft Word
help window will display the default starting page again.
- You can search for help on a particular
topic. For instance, try searching for
help relating to printing by typing the word 'Printing' into the Search
When you click on the Search button,
you will see the following.
- Display information about a specific printing
topic, such as printing on both side of the paper.
- Then use the Printer icon within the Microsoft Word Help window to print out a page of instructions.
- Before continuing, close the Help window.
FOR USE AT THE LICENSED SITE(S) ONLY
Copyright Cheltenham Courseware Pty. Ltd. - www.cheltenhamcourseware.com.au