- Open a document called Tables. Read the instructions within this document. We are going to insert a table containing 4
columns and 3 rows.
- Display the Insert tab and you will see the Tables group displayed as illustrated.
- Clicking on the Table button will display the following.
- If you move the mouse pointer over the cells
displayed in the drop down you will see that a preview version of the table is
displayed within your document.
- Click when you see a 4x3 Table displayed (in the area immediately above the cell drop
down). The table will be inserted into the
document, as illustrated.
- Notice that the display at the top of your
screen has changed. As you are within
the table you have just selected, Microsoft Word automatically displays
commands and options related to modifying and formatting your table.
- Click outside your table and the ribbon will
display its original commands.
Re-clicking within the table will again display Table related commands.
If you do not see the table commands displayed you will notice that there is a Table Tools option displayed at the top
of your page (above the normal tabs).
Click on this to display your table related commands.
FOR USE AT THE LICENSED SITE(S) ONLY
Copyright Cheltenham Courseware Pty. Ltd. - www.cheltenhamcourseware.com.au