Microsoft Access 2010 Intermediate Training Course Teaching Materials
Computer Courseware Training Materials
Training Course Outline
- Creating a Query
- Adding Criteria to a Query
- Running a Query
- Editing Criteria In a Query
- Saving a Query
- Creating a Two Table Query and Sorting the results
- Refining a Query
- Deleting a Query
- Hiding and Un-Hiding Query Fields
- Creating a Report
- Using the Report Wizard
- Modifying the Layout of a Report
- Widening a Report Column
- Modifying the Report Title
- Adding a Logo to a Report
- Formatting a Form using Themes
- Modifying Field Names within a Report
- Inserting and Formatting the Date & Time
- Adding Existing Fields to a Report
- Resizing Reports For Printing
- Closing a Report
- Deleting a Report
- Exporting a Table As an Excel File
- Exporting a Table As a Text File
- Exporting a Table As a Text CSV File
- Exporting a Table As a PDF File
- Exporting a Table As an XML File
- Print Previewing
- Portrait and Landscape
- Adjusting Layout In Print Preview
- Printing a Complete Table
- Printing Selected Records
- Printing a Query or Reports
- Printing Forms
Reference: the Access 2010 Interface
- Opening a Database
- Opening a Table
- The Ribbon (Toolbar)
- Ribbon Tabs
- Dialog Box Launcher
- Contextual Tabs
- Minimising the Ribbon
- The File Tab
- Microsoft Access Help
- Closing Access 2010
Database Terminology & Theory
- Field Data Types
- Field Properties
- Primary Key
- Types of Database
- Trusted Locations
- Setting a trusted location
- Creating a Lookup within a Field.
- Modifying a Lookup within a Field.
- Deleting a Lookup within a Field.
- Creating an Input Mask.
- Modifying an Input Mask.
- Deleting an Input Mask.
- Modifying a Field to Require Data Entry.
- Modifying a Field So That It Does Not Require Data Entry.
- Creating and modifying a One-To-One Relationship.
- Creating and modifying a One-To-Many Relationship.
- Creating and modifying a Many-To-Many Relationship using a Junction Table.
- Enforcing Referential Integrity.
- Automatic Updating of Related Fields.
- Automatic Deletion of Related Records.
- Inner Join.
- Outer Join.
- Subtract Join.
- Self Join.