Microsoft Access 2007 Foundation Training Materials for IT Trainers
Foundation Level Computer Teaching Materials
Training Course Outline.
A FIRST LOOK AT ACCESS 2007
- Creating and opening an Access database.
- Using views.
- Modifying settings within Access
- Using the Access Help facility
ACCESS 2007 DATABASE CONCEPTS
- What is a database?
- What is a relational database?
- Field data types
- Field properties
- Primary key
- Table relationships
- Setting rules to ensure valid relationships
ACCESS 2007 TABLES
- Creating and saving a table
- Specifying field data types.
- Adding and deleting records
- Adding fields
- Modifying data within a record.
- Navigating within a table
- Deleting a table.
- Defining Keys
- Defining a Primary key.
- Indexing a field with or without duplicates allowed.
- Changing field format attributes
- Simple validation rules
- Creating a one-to-one and a one-to-many relationship
- Deleting relationships
- Applying rules to relationships
ACCESS 2007 FORMS
- Creating, opening, saving deleting and closing forms.
- Navigating through records
- Form headers and footers.
ACCESS 2007 QUERIES
- Finding data within a field.
- Applying a filters
- Creating and saving a single table query
- Use two table querys
- Using operators within queries
- Editing, running and deleting a query.
- Saving and closing a query.
- Sorting records
ACCESS 2007 REPORTS
- Creating and saving a report
- Grouping data under a specific field
- Displaying fields in a grouped report
- Headers, Footers
ACCESS 2007 PRINTING ISSUES
- Previewing a table, form or report
- Changing orientation and paper size
- Printing options within Access